The course will enable participants understand downhole vibration theory and application in wells while drilling; and how other surface/downhole drilling data influence downhole vibration. The course will focus on the practical aspect of downhole vibration for well monitoring and control. Participants will learn how to identify various types and mechanisms of downhole vibrations, the sources and causes of downhole vibrations; and the effect of downhole drill-string/bit vibration in drilling operations. They will learn about vibration log analysis and interpretation with field cases; and operating procedures to mitigate downhole vibration. Hands-on practical exercises, training materials and participation’s evaluation will be provided.
What you will learn:
- The concept of downhole drilling vibrations
- Types of vibration and vibration mechanisms
- The terminology for various parameters that are needed to evaluate downhole vibrations
- Downhole vibration sources and the effect of downhole vibration
- Factors that affect downhole vibration and how they can be managed
- How to relate surface/downhole drilling data to downhole vibration measurments for accurate interpretation for well monitoring and control
- How to identify and control downhole vibrations while drilling
- Field indicators of downhole vibration and operating procedures to mitigate the downhole vibrations
- How to analyze and interpret vibration log outputs from field cases
Upon completing the course, participants will understand how to apply downhole vibration measurements in well monitoring and control of downhole vibration; and field procedures to mitigate downhole vibration in drilling operations.
Who Should Attend:
The course is designed for Oil and Gas professionals and engineers in drilling (Service and Operating companies), operations and technical specialists in drilling and workover operations. Drilling engineers, real-time operations center specialist, drilling optimization engineers, well planners, geologist, managers, independent operators, technical and field professionals who are involved in drilling operations in the industry. Other technical or management professionals who need a practical understanding in this subject area can attend.
Course Level: Introduction to Intermediate
Course Length: 2 days
Registration cost is $450.00 per day.
Course Location: Houston, TX.